The sales team has been extremely busy with client events, site experiences, trade shows and sales calls to generate awareness and leads for future business. We have hosted clients in Washington, D.C., Sacramento, Southern California and Vancouver and attended two large shows: HelmsBriscoe (36 appointments) and MPI World Education Conference, where we sponsored the Hosted Buyer lunch with 185 planners in attendance.
We are seeing our sales and marketing efforts continue to show results as leads and new inquiries come to our attention. We are looking forward to more opportunities to bring clients out to our oasis and generate business for our partners over the summer months.
MPI World Education Conference
At the MPI World Education Conference Hosted Buyer lunch, we brought in trainer, nutritionist and author Jay Nixon to discuss the importance of healthy food choices when planning their meetings. With wellness being our theme, we gave each planner a pedometer so they could count the number of steps during the conference. The planners were “steps away” from winning a trip to Greater Palm Springs: The one with the most steps posted on social media at the end of the conference won the trip.
Sacramento Sales Mission
The annual sales mission to Sacramento for the MPI Sierra Nevada Chapter Gala and Board Installation dinner was held over the first week of June. Senior Sales Manager Anne Marie Mourhess traveled with 11 partners and met with over 50 customers at a variety of client events, including a boot camp, hot Pilates and a cooking class. We hosted 2 tables for the MPISNC Gala and attended the luncheon for CalSAE Meeting Planners. The following week, we sponsored the Spirit Awards in San Francisco for their MPINCC Gala.
Ohio Sales Mission
The CVB went to Columbus and Cleveland on a two-day Ohio Sales Mission. During that time, we had nine client appointments and two client cooking events, with 14 planners attending. As a result of this mission, we have received six leads with a potential of 4,253 rooms nights for Greater Palms Springs. The first two photos below were taken during the Cleveland event, and the third photo shows how beautiful the Columbus event looked.
Neighborhoods USA (NUSA) Conference
The City of Palm Springs welcomed the 44th Annual NUSA Conference May 15-18, held at the Palm Springs Convention Center. The theme of the conference was "Opening Doors to the Future." The CVB worked with city officials and Partners in assisting with funding and sponsorships for the program, which picked up 1231 room nights.
Upcoming Missions and Events
If you'd like to participate in one or more of our joint share missions, below is a list of upcoming opportunities. Your team's participation will include the following:
- Save-the-dates and customer invites
- All organization and payment of venues
- Attendance to all organized client events
- Amenities and gifts presented to the customer
- All branding showing participation
- Pre-trip call to review details
Upcoming Joint Share Opportunities
- Chicagoland Sales Mission |July 23-25 | $1,895
- ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition | August 10-13 | $1,895
- Canadian Meetings & Events Expo | August 13-15 | $2,095
- IMEX America |September 10-12 | $3,995
- Boston Sales Mission | September 17-19 | $1,895
- Denver Sales Mission | September 24-27 | $1,200
- Midwest Sales Mission | October 2019 | $1,895
- Fall Southern California Specialty Markets Sales Mission (Religious) | TBD- Fall | $750
- Arizona Client Events | November 12-14 | $1,000
- CalSAE Seasonal Spectacular | December 15-17 | $2,300
- Association Forum of Chicagoland Holiday Showcase | December 17 | $1,895
You can sign up online here to get a full list of our joint share opportunities through December 2019.
Booking Production Analysis - May 2019
If you have any questions about Convention Sales, please contact:
Mark Crabb, FCDME, Chief Sales Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org | 760.969.1304
- Choose Greater Palm Springs
- Venues & Facilities
- Contact Us
- Submit An Rfp
- Partner Resources
- About Us
- Visit GPS Updates
- Destination Marketing
- Research & Reports
- Destination Development Plan
- Air Service
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Things to Do
- Restaurants & Nightlife
- Visitor Information