PARTNERSHIP & CTA
Partner engagement and awareness are the primary focus for 2019. The Partnership team is producing educational programming, unique networking opportunities, informative communications and events that highlight local tourism partners. The Greater Palm Springs Tourism Ambassador program continues to see strong participation from the local community.
May 2019 Partnership Highlights
• Partner referrals processed: 157
• New Partners welcomed: 2 (Enchanted Memories and Desert Serenity Float)
• Current Active Partners: 470
• Partner Events: 2, with 335 Partners attending
Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week Kickoff
The Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week kickoff event took place Wednesday, May 29 at The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage. Participating restaurants, who served up tastes of their restaurant week menus, included:
• 360 Sports
• AC3 Restaurant + Bar
• Babe’s Bar-B-Que & Brewery
• Catalan Mediterranean Cuisine
• Citrus & Palm Restaurant
• Solano’s West Coast Bistro
• State Fare Bar + Kitchen
• Grand Central Palm Springs
• Lulu California Bistro
Presenting sponsors Agua Caliente Casinos provided a popular signature cocktail. Chef Bruno of The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage demonstrated how to make ceviche. He, General Manager Kelly Steward, and CVB President & CEO Scott White officially kicked off Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week with the first bite. Other participating sponsors included Sysco and Cambria.
May 2019 Community Events
The CVB Partnership team attended the following events in May:
Desert Hot Springs
• GCVCC - Desert Hot Springs State of the City Luncheon / Desert Health & Wellness Center
• Wedding Warriors Mixer / My Little Bridal Boutique
• Palm Springs Chamber - Fire & Police Appreciation Luncheon / Palm Springs Convention Center
• Evening Under the Stars - AAP & Food Samaritans / O'Donnell Golf Club
• Annual Chamber of Commerce Joint Mixer / Palm Springs Air Museum
• Desert Business Association Mixer / Stonewall Gardens
• PSHA Luncheon / Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs
• DBA Business & Community Awards Dinner / Saguaro Hotel Palm Springs
• Babe's Latin BBQ Fusion Summer Menu Tasting / Babe's Bar-B Que & Brewhouse
• CDMOD Chocolate Soiree Fund Raiser / Pirch
• United Way Gala - Disco Ball / The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
• Business Education Summit & ThinkTank (BEST) / Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage
• Palm Springs Life - Women Who Lead Luncheon / The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
• Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage Joint Chamber Mixer / Bernie's Restaurant
Submit Summer Chill Deals
We invite you to submit Summer Chill Deals (it’s free to do so) via our Partners’ Submit a Chill Deal website page. If you have any questions, please call or email Davis Meyer; her contact information is below.
Greater Palm Springs Tourism Ambassador Program
The Greater Palm Springs Tourism Ambassador program held 3 CTA enrollment classes in May, including one in partnership with the Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business Education Summit & ThinkTank. The program has certified 121 CTA’s to date. In addition to the ongoing Partner freebies and discounts offered on CTANetwork.com, CTA’s were offered the opportunity to attend the Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week kickoff event.
Erica Abarca was recently promoted to Partnership Manager and will be responsible for managing the Greater Palm Springs Tourism Ambassador program. Survey responses from class participants remain strong, with over 94% rating the program excellent or very good.
Submit Special Offers Exclusively for CTAs
Reach our CTAs directly with offers that will entice them to experience your attraction, restaurant or property firsthand. Submit your special offer here.
Interested in becoming a CTA? Here’s more informationhttps://www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/gps-cta-program/.
If you have any questions, please contact CTA Program Manager Erica Abarca at 760-969-1322 or email@example.com.
Greater Palm Springs Tourism Foundation
The Greater Palm Springs Tourism Foundation was established in 2018 with a dynamic mission to enrich and elevate tourism in the region. The Foundation supports and initiates diverse programming related to the hospitality, convention and tourism industries with funds raised from the general public and other sources. Initiatives encompass providing education and leadership training, college scholarships, volunteer and mentor development, special event promotion and cultural enhancement.
May 2019 Tourism Foundation Highlights
The Greater Palm Springs Tourism Foundation continued the CVB’s tradition of awarding scholarships to deserving high school students from the Coachella Valley High School Hospitality Academy at the 2019 Oasis Awards. The Foundation was able to raise $9,000 to award 6 students $1,500 each toward their college education expenses.
The Foundation has also received $170 to date through its partnership with Lifestream. Donors wishing to contribute to the Tourism Foundation through their Lifestream blood or platelet donation can use the code 9MTS.
The Tourism Foundation also has a partnership with CVSpin for the Tour De Palm Springs, which has contributed $310 to the Foundation.
If you have any questions, please contact Chief Development Officer Bob Thibault at 760-969-1339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about Partnership, please contact:
Davis Meyer, Partnership Manager
email@example.com | 760.969.1360
- Choose Greater Palm Springs
- Venues & Facilities
- Contact Us
- Submit An Rfp
- Partner Resources
- About Us
Visit GPS Updates
- 2-Year Board Priorities
- Current Agenda & Packet
- President's Summary
- Air Service Updates
- Marketing Updates
- Communications & Film Updates
- Digital Updates
- Social Updates
- Convention Sales
- Pace Report
- Partnership Updates
- Tourism Development
- Research Updates
- Smith Travel Research
- Vacation Rental Data
- Past Board Meetings Archive
- Destination Marketing
Research & Reports
- View Research & Reports
- Research Updates
- 2022 Annual Report
- 2021 Annual Report
- 2019 Annual Report
- Vacation Rental Data
- Destination Development Plan
- Air Service
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Things to Do
- Restaurants & Nightlife
- Visitor Information