PARTNERSHIP & CTA
Partner engagement and awareness are the primary focus for 2019. The Partnership team is producing educational programming, unique networking opportunities, informative communications and events that highlight local tourism partners. The Greater Palm Springs Tourism Ambassador program continues to see strong participation from the local community.
JUNE-SEPTEMBER 2019 PARTNERSHIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Partner referrals processed: 822
- New partners welcomed: 9
- AsiaSF Palm Springs
- A&S Artisan Chocolate
- College of the Desert Foundation
- El Paseo Jewelers
- Enzo's Bistro & Bar - La Quinta
- Enzo's Bistro & Bar - Rancho Mirage
- Gelato Granucci
- Healing Waters Hostel
- Libation Room
- Partner renewals: 56, for a total of 533 current active partners
- Partner events: 6, with 1,331 partners attending
- June 11 | Oasis Awards / Palm Springs Convention Center | Palm Springs
- June 18 | 2019 Restaurant Week Appreciation Mixer / Cambria | Palm Desert
- July 24 | CVB Meet & See - Enzo's Bistro & Bar RM | Rancho Mirage
- Aug. 28 | CVB Meet & See - Glitch Palm Springs | Palm Springs
- Sept. 20 | Live Your Wellest Kickoff - JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa | Palm Desert
- Sept. 24 | CVB Meet & See - PS UNDERGROUND | Palm Springs
2019 Oasis Awards
The Oasis Awards honored members of the local hospitality industry on June 12, 2019, at the Palm Springs Convention Center, setting records this year for attendance, nominations and awards.
The annual awards event celebrates the brightest stars in tourism in Greater Palm Springs. Over 800 of our local tourism partners came to celebrate the more than 220 nominees and 53 winners from across the valley. Special guest speaker Caroline Beteta, President & CEO of Visit California, highlighted the strength of our collaboration and tourism community.
Four major awards for recognition of Partnership, Sustainability, Destination Excellence and Dedication were also presented. The Spirit of Tourism Award was presented to Harold Matzner for his prolific work in supporting the local tourism economy, signature events and the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
Recognizing the importance of tourism to the future of the Coachella Valley, the CVB began working with the students at the Hospitality Academy at Coachella Valley High School eight years ago. This year, six students from the Hospitality Academy were each awarded a 2019 CVB Scholarship in the amount of $1,500 to be used toward his or her college tuition.
The CVB presented Kathy Lambert from the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens the first-ever Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) of the Year Award. One of the first hospitality professionals to become a Certified Tourism Ambassador in Greater Palm Springs since the program launched earlier in 2019, Kathy’s excitement and promotion of the program to colleagues and friends has helped it spread quickly throughout the industry.
Kathy Lambert, center, holds her Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) of the Year Award. At her side are Tom Tabler, General Manager of the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa and Chair of the CVB Board of Directors, and Linda Evans, Mayor of the City of La Quinta and Chair of the CVB's Joint Powers Authority Executive Committee.
gpsNEXT Partner Education
gpsNEXT is a partner education series that aims to help partners make the most of the CVB resources through specific education and events. Each February, a gpsNEXT annual update provides partners a broad look at market research, important destination initiatives and updates from key marketing partners.
In May 2019, the gpsNEXT partner education series presented a webinar to partners on how to use the extranet at MyGPSCVB.com, instructing attendees on how to log into accounts, update information, and find research and information. View webinar.
The next gpsNEXT partner education series training, which took place in August, focused on social media, offering a hands-on opportunity to enhance partners’ Instagram story skills with a workshop held at Hotel Paseo. The CVB’s social media agency, Sparkloft, gave an informative presentation followed by practice “in the field” around the hotel property.
The gpsNEXT Fall marketing update was held at the CVB office on October 3 and gave partners a look at our new co-op opportunities for 2020, research and project updates from the CVB team, and an international update from Expedia. View the gpsNEXT Fall Marketing Update deck here.
The next gpsNEXT partner education series training will focus on Communications & PR and take place November 13 from 8-10 a.m. in the CVB Boardroom.
Summer Chill Deals
Partners once again had the opportunity to promote their summer deals, special offers and discounts through chillpass.com. There were 403 Chill Deals promoted during the Summer Chill campaign. The top viewed deals were:
- Cabot’s Pueblo Museum – 2-for-1 general admission tour tickets
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa – Chill Out Package
- Parker Palm Springs - $250 Spa Credit
- Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel - $10 Pool and Hot Spring Day Pass
- La Quinta Resort & Club – La Quinta Summer Experience
For fall 2019, the CVB is collecting and promoting Wellest Deals, including spa packages, medical, holistic, CBD treatments, fitness and healthy dining.
Submit your deals at MyGPSCVB.com.
June - September 2019 Community Events
The CVB Partnership team attended the following events June through September:
• DBA and GCVCC Joint Mixer / Palm Springs Lanes
Desert Hot Springs
• Desert Business Association Mixer / Playoffs Bar
• An Evening at the Lautner / Lautner Compound
• GCVCC Business Awards & Installations dinner / Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells
• Indian Wells Chamber Mixer / Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
• Indian Wells Chamber Mixer / Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
• United Way Heroes Luncheon / Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
• PDACC Legislative Luncheon / Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
• FIND Food Bank's Rock N Box
• GCVCC Regional Mixer / The Beer Hunter
• DBA Mixer / Free Volt
• Desert Business Association Mixer / Renova Solar
• Morton's The Steakhouse Open House
• Desert Business Association Mixer / Free Volt
• Palm Springs Chamber Annual Business Awards & Installation luncheon / Renaissance Palm Springs
• PSHA Luncheon / Lulu California Bistro
• Palm Springs Chamber and DBA Joint Mixer (Remembering Stonewall) / Businesses on Arenas
• Palm Springs Chamber Mixer / Bouschet
• Wedding Warriors Mixer / The Saguaro Hotel & Pool
• Lifestream Hero's Luncheon / Renaissance Palm Springs
• PS Chamber - Palm Springs State of the City / Il Corso and Plaza Theatre
• GCVCC - All Valley Mayor and Tribal Leader Luncheon / Riviera Palm Springs
• PSHA Luncheon / ACE Hotel & Swim Club
• Palm Desert Area Chamber Business Awards & Installation Dinner / Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa RM
• Thousand Palms Chamber Mixer / Old Spaghetti Factory
• Rancho Mirage Chamber Taste of Summer Kickoff event / Pirch
• Palm Desert Area Chamber Mixer / Dringk
• DVBA Public Officials Lunch with Supervisor V. Manuel Perez / Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa RM
• Rancho Mirage Chamber Mixer / Roy's Restaurant
• Bright Event Rentals Open House
• Bright Event Rentals Open House
Greater Palm Springs Tourism Foundation
The Greater Palm Springs Tourism Ambassador program held 16 CTA enrollment classes from June through September, including private classes for the Palm Springs Convention Center and Bureau of Tourism, Palm Springs Police Department, JW Marriott Desert Spring Resort & Spa, and Agua Caliente Casinos.
The program has certified 356 CTAs to date. In addition to the ongoing partner freebies and discounts offered on CTANetwork.com, Greater Palm Springs CTAs had the opportunity to experience the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and a bus tour of Palm Springs attractions provided by Lin Lines and Tallgrass Hiking Tours. CTA Experiences will continue each month in various cities and locations across Greater Palm Springs to give our Tourism Ambassadors the opportunity to have firsthand knowledge of local businesses and attractions.
Submit special offers exclusively for CTAs.
Individual registration for the CTA program is $49. Private group classes start at just $600 for up to 20 attendees; additional students are $30 each. Become a CTA today! Click here to find out more.
If you have any questions, please contact CTA Program Manager Erica Abarca at 760-969-1322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about Partnership, please contact:
Davis Meyer, Director of Partnership
email@example.com | 760.969.1360
- Choose Greater Palm Springs
- Venues & Facilities
- Contact Us
- Submit An Rfp
- Partner Resources
- About Us
Visit GPS Updates
- 2-Year Board Priorities
- Current Agenda & Packet
- President's Summary
- Air Service Updates
- Marketing Updates
- Communications & Film Updates
- Digital Updates
- Social Updates
- Convention Sales
- Pace Report
- Partnership Updates
- Tourism Development
- Research Updates
- Smith Travel Research
- Vacation Rental Data
- Past Board Meetings Archive
- Destination Marketing
Research & Reports
- View Research & Reports
- Research Updates
- 2022 Annual Report
- 2021 Annual Report
- 2019 Annual Report
- Vacation Rental Data
- Destination Development Plan
- Air Service
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Things to Do
- Restaurants & Nightlife
- Visitor Information