We are currently reviewing RFPs on a new research project to better understand how tourism impacts the economic, social and physical environment of those living throughout Visit Greater Palm Springs. This data will help us better understand how residents living in the nine cities of the Coachella Valley feel about the tourism industry and its impact on their lives.
Tourism Economics has begun the data collection process for our Cannabis Economic Impact Study for the cannabis industry. This is expected to be completed by the end of January 2022.
The updated Second Home Study has been finalized and can now be found here. Key findings include:
• There are 69,446 total properties
• 42,973 single-family properties / 30,485 multi-family condos
• 92% of properties are owned by US residents; 7% by Canadians; less than 1% from other countries
• For California ownership: Coachella Valley has the most owners (32.1%), followed by the Greater Southern California Region (Other Southern California, excluding Los Angeles) (28.4%), then Los Angeles County (27.5%), then Northern California (9.9%), followed by Central California (2.1%)
• Non-primary residences by city show that 60% are in three cities: Palm Desert (23%), Palm Springs (22%) and La Quinta (15%)
Tourism Economics is wrapping up our two economic impact studies relating to vacation rentals in our region: a Vacation Rental Economic Impact Study and the impacts of a Vacation Rental Ban. We expect to see a first draft for these reports in two weeks.
To quantify our destination's tourism workforce, we are partnering with Tourism Economics on an Tourism Workforce Economic Impact Report focusing on managerial and hourly segments. Our goal is to highlight the many career opportunities and income levels associated with tourism jobs to recruit more young graduates from our local schools.
To view our prior research and reports, visit our research page.
For more information about Visit GPS research, please contact:
Director of Tourism Development
firstname.lastname@example.org | 760.969.1335
- Choose Greater Palm Springs
- Venues & Facilities
- Contact Us
- Submit An Rfp
- Partner Resources
- About Us
- Visit GPS Updates
- Destination Marketing
- Research & Reports
- Destination Development Plan
- Air Service
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Things to Do
- Restaurants & Nightlife
- Visitor Information