2019 Dine for a Year Sweepstakes
Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. The 2019 Dine for a Year Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is being conducted by the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau (the “CVB”). The Sweepstakes commences at 3:00 p.m. (PST) on May 15, 2019 and continues until 11:59 p.m. (PST) on May 29, 2019 (the “Submission Period”). The winner (“Winner”) selection process is completely random and governed by Sparkloft. The CVB will host the Sweepstakes on the Instagram application. The Winner will be announced to the public on the Instagram application on or after June 1, 2019. Entries may be made by visiting the Instagram application and commenting on a specific post on dineGPS’s Instagram account pertaining to this Sweepstakes, as described in more detail below. Except as otherwise provided herein, entrants must have a public Instagram account. Only one (1) Winner will be selected from qualified entrants.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries submitted during the Submission Period.
3. CVB employees and immediate family members (dependents under IRS rules), affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies of CVB and all sponsors associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to win.
4. Entrants must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible.
5. The Sweepstakes is open to U.S. and Canadian residents, at least twenty-one (21) years of age, subject to the restrictions contained in these Official Sweepstakes Rules (“Rules”), except it is not open to residents of the Province of Quebec. If a person from Canada is selected as the potential Winner, that person must first pass a skills test to be administered by the CVB, before the Prize may be awarded to that person.
6. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
7. One (1) Winner from all eligible entrants will be selected at random at the end of the Submission Period, on or after May 15, 2019.
8. One (1) Winner from all eligible entrants will be selected at random via Sparkloft at the end of the Submission Period, on or after May 15, 2019. The random Winner selection process shall consist of (1) assigning a number to each eligible entrant, (2) an electronic random number generator will then randomly select a number, and (3) the entrant with the corresponding randomly generated number will be selected as the Winner. CVB and Sparkloft reserve the right to change the Winner selection process; provided, however, in all cases the Winner shall be selected randomly and these rules shall be updated to reflect the actual Winner selection process.
8. The prize (“Prize”) consists of:
Twelve (12), One hundred dollar ($100) dining gift certificates for dining to the following restaurants ($100 for each restaurant):
- 360 Sports at Agua Caliente Casinos Rancho Mirage
- AC3 Restaurant + Bar Palm Desert
- Acqua California Bistro Rancho Mirage
- Adobe Grill at La Quinta Resort & Club La Quinta
- Citrus & Palm at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa Indian Wells
- Essense at Two Bunch Palms Desert Hot Springs
- Evzin Mediterranean Palm Springs
- Jackalope Ranch Indio
- Kitchen 86 Palm Desert
- Purple Palm Restaurant Palm Springs
- TRIO Restaurant Palm Springs
- Workshop Kitchen + Bar Palm Springs
9. Prize Restrictions: CVB reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if Prize is not taken or used prior to any applicable expiration. No portion of the Prize may be used towards the purchase of alcohol. Other restrictions may apply.
10. Prize must be accepted as awarded; no substitutions, except that CVB reserves the right to substitute a prize, or portion thereof, of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Prize is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions described herein. No cash reimbursement of Prize is permitted.
11. Claiming the Prize: To claim the Prize, Winner must respond with contact details to a congratulatory message within 48 hours and must notify CVB of arrangements to pick up the prize by June 7, within a reasonable time. Prior to receiving the Prize, the Winner must submit an executed liability release and advertising disclaimer to the CVB. Forms and instructions for submittal will be provided by CVB upon notification of winning.
12. The approximate retail value of the Prize is as follows: Twelve hundred U.S. dollars and zero cents ($1200).
13. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries submitted during the Submission Period, and the number of qualified entries an individual makes.
14. Entries are made by visiting www.Instagram.com/dinegps and participating with a dineGPS Instagram posts pertaining to the Sweepstakes at www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/dinegps-dine-for-a-year-sweepstakes and following any procedures set forth. Entrants must have a public Instagram account. The Winner selection process is completely random and governed by Sparkloft. Submissions must be received during the Submission Period to be valid. Sweepstakes rules will be posted at www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/dinegps-dine-for-a-year-sweepstakes during the Submission Period (“Submission Guidelines”). CVB’s own internal clock will be the timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Any other form of entry other than described herein is void. CVB reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Rules. Entrants discovered entering under several names/email addresses or making multiple entries will be disqualified. Any submission of robotic, automatic, or programmed entries, or any entries submitted through other unapproved methods are void. CVB reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false or fraudulent. CVB is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, void, and/or corrupted Submission and those Submissions are void and will not be accepted. CVB is not responsible for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when seeking to enter their Submissions. Entrants are solely responsible for compliance with CVB’s terms and conditions. By uploading the Submission, Entrant agrees that the Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and that CVB, in its sole discretion, and disqualify entrant if CVB believes the Submission fails to conform to the Submission Guidelines.
15. Multiple entries are not permitted.
16. Alternate Method of Entry: All entries must be made on the Instagram platform. No other form of entry will be accepted.
17. Winner is responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, CVB and all of its programs and all sponsors associated with the Sweepstakes reserve the right to require Winner to complete, execute and deliver any forms for eligibility, release of liability, prize acceptance and/or tax purposes within one (1) day of notification. Noncompliance with this request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. By submitting a Submission, Sweepstakes entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Rules, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules
18. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release the CVB, Instagram, Sparkloft, 360 Sports at Agua Caliente Casinos, AC3 Restaurant + Bar, Acqua California Bistro, Adobe Grill at La Quinta Resort & Club, Citrus & Palm at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, Essence at Two Bunch Palms, Evzin Palm Springs, Jackalope Ranch, Kitchen 86, Purple Palm Restaurant, TRIO Restaurant, Workshop Kitchen + Bar and all of the programs and sponsors associated with the Sweepstakes from any and all liability resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. The Winner, by acceptance of the Prize, agrees to release the CVB and all of its programs, officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising agencies from all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize.
19. CVB makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, except where prohibited by law, disclaims any implied warranty, and is not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use or misuse of the Prize, travel related thereto or from entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes.
20. Advertising Disclaimer. Entrants consent to release to the aforementioned companies the use of the Winner's proper name, residence (city and state), photo and/or likeness (including, without limitation aural and visual likeness) for purposes of advertising online and in print or any other media or trade in connection with the Sweepstakes without further compensation. The aforementioned companies further reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on Sweepstakes entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
21. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules, which are subject to change without notice due to unusual or extreme circumstances, and all decisions of the CVB which are final.
22. The eligibility of all potential Prize Winners is subject to verification by the CVB. No correspondence will be entered into except with the Winner.
23. The CVB is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected e-mail or mail or any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be completed as planned, it can be cancelled, terminated, modified or suspended at any time for any reason by the aforementioned sponsors.
24. This Sweepstakes will run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the CVB due to unusual or extreme circumstances. CVB reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes or to amend these Rules at any time without notice upon said circumstances.
25. This Sweepstakes is not associated with, sponsored by, endorsed by, affiliated with, or administered by Instagram or Sparkloft. By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release Instagram and Sparkloft from any and all liability resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. The Winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release Instagram and Sparkloft and all of their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising agencies from all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize, including but not limited to, travel to and from any Prize venues. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants are disclosing information to the Sweepstakes sponsor, CVB, and not to Instagram or Sparkloft.
26. To request a written copy of these Rules by mail, please write to: Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau, 2019 Dine for a Year Sweepstakes, 70-100 HWY 111, Rancho Mirage, CA, 92270, ATTN: Krystal Kusmieruk.
27. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of California and the United States, excluding conflicts of laws principles, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and where it qualifies as an illegal lottery.
28. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CVB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
29. Entrants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of California Courts (state or federal) in Riverside County for any causes or controversies arising out of the Sweepstakes. Winner waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts. Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action or controversies arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be initiated and conducted in the applicable court or forum in Riverside County, California. In the event any action, suit or proceeding is brought for the enforcement of, or the declaration of any right or obligation pursuant to or related to these Rules or the Sweepstakes, the prevailing party in such suit or proceeding shall be entitled to recover its costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, from the losing party, and any judgment or decree rendered in such a proceeding shall include an award thereof.
30. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, and unless expressly provided otherwise herein, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Winner shall indemnify, and hold CVB, its officers, officials, agents, employees and volunteers harmless from any against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, damage, injuries, and liability, direct or indirect (including any and all costs and expenses in connection therewith), arising out of or related to Entrant’s participation with Sweepstakes, including without limitation, any claims for damages resulting from Winner’s acceptance and use of the Prize.