OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. The 2018 Eat. Love. Share. & Win! Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is being conducted by the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau (the “CVB”). The Sweepstakes commences at 8:00 a.m. (PST) on June 1, 2018 and continues until 11:59 p.m. (PST) on June 17, 2018 (the “Submission Period”). The winner (“Winner”) selection process is completely random and governed by Woobox. The CVB will host the Sweepstakes on the Instagram application via Woobox. The Winner will be announced to the public on the Instagram application on or after June 18, 2018. Only one (1) Winner will be selected.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
3. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Chance of winning is only increased by the number of Qualified Submissions, as defined below, generated by each entrant. Chance of winning is dependent upon the total number of Qualified Submissions. Submission of a Qualified Submission automatically qualifies and enters participants into the Sweepstakes. Entrants may elect to remove themselves from the Sweepstakes by notifying Sponsor at any time prior to receiving the Prize.
4. CVB employees and immediate family members (dependents under IRS rules), affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies of the CVB and all sponsors associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible.
5. Entrants must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible.
6. The Sweepstakes is open to all U.S. and Canadian residents at least twenty-one (21) years of age, subject to the restrictions contained in these Official Sweepstakes Rules (“Rules”), except it is not open to residents of the State of New York, the State of Florida and the Province of Quebec. If a person from Canada is selected as the potential Winner, that person must first pass a skills test to be administered by the CVB, before the Prize may be awarded to that person.
7. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
8. One (1) Winner from all eligible entrants will be selected at random via Woobox at the end of the Submission Period, on or after June 18, 2018.
9. The prize (“Prize”) consists of:
Overnight stay at Hotel Paseo includes a one (1) night stay in a Premier Balcony guestroom inclusive of the destination fee and parking, plus fifty dollar ($50) dining credit at AC3 Restaurant + Bar. Package valid until June 30, 2019. Winner responsible for additional incidental costs, expenses, and damage caused by winner. Must provide the hotel with a valid credit card for expenses. Package is subject to availability and blackout dates.
10. Prize Restrictions: CVB reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if Prize is not taken. Other restrictions may apply.
11. Prize must be accepted as awarded; no substitutions. Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Prize is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions described herein. No substitutions or cash redemption of Prize is permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
12. Claiming the Prize: The Winner will be announced on or around June 18, 2018. Winner will be notified via Instagram comment. Winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the Instagram notification within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification (“Notification”). All Prizes must be arranged with the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau offices (70100 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270) no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 25, 2018. If your Prize is not arranged by the deadline, you will forfeit the contents. Other restrictions may apply. Prior to receiving the Prize, the Winner must submit an executed Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability, W-9, and advertising disclaimer to the Sponsor. Forms and instructions for submittal will be provided by Sponsor upon notification of winning. Noncompliance within time periods referenced may result in disqualification (at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion), and an alternate winner may be selected if time permits. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the Winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and may use the Entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
13 The approximate retail value of the Prize is as follows: Four Hundred U.S. Dollars and Zero Cents ($400).
15. ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
16. Multiple entries are permitted.
17. LICENSE: As a condition of submitting an entry or of receiving any prize, and unless prohibited by applicable law, all Entrants hereby provide a perpetual non-exclusive and royalty-free license to Sponsor to use the Submission in any and all media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose whatsoever, without any additional compensation, and shall be allowed to make duplicate or make derivative works, and/or edits to the Submission for practical or creative purposes. Entrants understand and agree they will not be paid for their Submission(s) or for granting Sponsor any of these rights.
18. Winner is responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes. CVB and all of its programs and all sponsors associated with the Sweepstakes reserve the right to require Winner to complete, execute and deliver any forms for eligibility, release of liability, prize acceptance and/or tax purposes within one (1) day of notification. Noncompliance with this request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules. The Sweepstakes entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Rules, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
19. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release the CVB, Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week, Hotel Paseo, AC3 Restaurant + Bar and all of the programs and sponsors associated with the Sweepstakes from any and all liability resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. The Winner, by acceptance of the Prize, agrees to release the CVB and all of its programs, officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising agencies from all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize.
20. CVB makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, except where prohibited by law, disclaims any implied warranty, and is not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use or misuse of the Prize, travel related thereto or from entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes.
21. Advertising Disclaimer. Entrants consent to release to the aforementioned companies the use of the Winner's proper name, residence (city and state), photo and/or likeness (including, without limitation aural and visual likeness) for purposes of advertising online and in print or any other media or trade in connection with the Sweepstakes without further compensation. The aforementioned companies further reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on Sweepstakes entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
22. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules, which are subject to change without notice due to unusual or extreme circumstances, and all decisions of the CVB which are final.
23. The eligibility of all potential Prize Winners is subject to verification by the CVB. No correspondence will be entered into except with the Winner.
24. The CVB is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected e-mail or mail or any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be completed as planned, it can be canceled, terminated, modified or suspended at any time for any reason by the aforementioned sponsors.
25. This Sweepstakes will run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the CVB due to unusual or extreme circumstances. The CVB reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes or to amend these Rules at any time without notice upon said circumstances.
26. This Sweepstakes is not associated with, sponsored by, endorsed by, or administered by Instagram or Woobox. By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release Instagram and Woobox from any and all liability resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. The Winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release Instagram and Woobox and all of their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising agencies from all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize, including but not limited to, travel to and from any Prize venues. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants are disclosing information to the Sweepstakes sponsor, CVB, and not to Instagram or Woobox.
27. To request a written copy of these Rules by mail, please write to: Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau, 2018 Eat. Share. Love & Win! Sweepstakes, 70-100 HWY 111, Rancho Mirage, CA, 92270, ATTN: Krystal Kusmieruk
28. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of California and the United States, excluding conflicts of laws principles, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and where it qualifies as an illegal lottery.
29. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
30. Entrants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of California Courts (state or federal) in Riverside County for any causes or controversies arising out of the Sweepstakes. Winner waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts. Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action or controversies arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be initiated and conducted in the applicable court or forum in Riverside County, California. In the event any action, suit or proceeding is brought for the enforcement of, or the declaration of any right or obligation pursuant to these Rules or the Sweepstakes, the prevailing party in such suit or proceeding shall be entitled to recover its costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, from the losing party, and any judgment or decree rendered in such a proceeding shall include an award thereof.
31. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and unless expressly provided otherwise herein, Winner shall indemnify, and hold CVB, its officers, officials, agents, employees and volunteers harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, damage, injuries, and liability, direct or indirect (including any and all costs and expenses in connection therewith), arising out of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, any claims for damages resulting from Winner’s acceptance and use of the Prize.