2018 JetBlue Sweepstakes
Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. The 2018 JetBlue Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is being conducted by the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau (the “CVB”). The Sweepstakes commences at 8:00 a.m. (PST) on November 27, 2018 and continues until 11:59 p.m. (PST) on December 11, 2018 (the “Submission Period”). The winner (“Winner”) selection process is completely random and governed by Sparkloft. CVB will host the Sweepstakes on the Instagram application. The Winner may be announced to the public on the Instagram application on or after December 12, 2018. Entries may be made by visiting the Instagram application and commenting on the JetBlue post. Except as otherwise provided herein, entrants must have a public Instagram account. Only one (1) Winner will be selected.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries submitted during the Submission Period.
3. CVB employees and immediate family members (dependents under IRS rules), affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies of CVB and all sponsors associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to win.
4. Entrants must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible.
5. The Sweepstakes is open to U.S. residents, at least twenty-one (21) years of age, subject to the restrictions contained in these Official Sweepstakes Rules (“Rules”), except it is not open to residents of Canada.
6. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
7. One (1) Winner from all eligible entrants will be selected at random via Sparkloft at the end of the Submission Period, on or after December 12, 2018. The random Winner selection process shall consist of (1) assigning a number to each eligible entrant, (2) an electronic random number generator will then randomly select a number, and (3) the entrant with the corresponding randomly generated number will be selected as the Winner. CVB and Sparkloft reserve the right to change the Winner selection process; provided, however, in all cases the Winner shall be selected randomly and these rules shall be updated to reflect the actual Winner selection process.
8. The prize (“Prize”) consists of:
Two (2) round-trip tickets on JetBlue from any city which offers JetBlue air service to Palm Springs International Airport from February 9 – April 30, 2019, subject to availability. Taxes for international flights are not included and are sole responsibility of Winner.
One (1) room for two-night stay at the Westin Mission Hills, Rancho Mirage, California (“Hotel”), from February 9-April 30, 2019, subject to the blackout dates listed below, and subject to availability.
9. Prize Restrictions: CVB reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if Prize is not taken. Other restrictions may apply. Blackout dates for Hotel are as follows: February 10-12, and 20-27; March 4-9, 15-16; and April 6 and 12-14.
10. Prize must be accepted as awarded; no substitutions. Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Prize is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions described herein. No substitutions or cash redemption of Prize is permitted except that CVB reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
11. Claiming the Prize: To claim the Prize, Winner must respond with contact details to a congratulatory email within 48 hours of delivery. All Prizes must be arranged with the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau offices (70100 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270) no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 21, 2018. If your Prize is not arranged by the deadline, you will forfeit the contents. Other restrictions may apply. Prior to receiving the Prize, the Winner must submit an executed liability release and advertising disclaimer to the CVB. Forms and instructions for submittal will be provided by CVB upon notification of winning. Noncompliance within time periods referenced may result in disqualification (at CVB’s sole and absolute discretion), and an alternate winner may be selected if time permits. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the Winner’s agreement and consent that CVB may use the Entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. The approximate retail value of the Prize is as follows: One thousand one hundred ninety eight U.S. dollars are zero cents ($1198.00). The amount is estimated and dependent on where the originating flight departs from and the date of such flight.
13. Entries are made by visiting www.Instagram.com/visitgreaterps and participating and complying with any instructions provided via Instagram posts (“Submission”), which includes following CVB’s official Instagram account, tagging at least one friend and commenting on a designated CVB Instagram post. Entrants must have an Instagram account. The Winner selection process is completely random and governed by Sparkloft.
14. Multiple entries are permitted.
15. Alternate Method of Entry: All entries must be made on the Instagram platform. No other form of entry will be accepted.
16. Winner is responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes. CVB and all of its programs and all sponsors associated with the Sweepstakes reserve the right to require Winner to complete, execute and deliver any forms for eligibility, release of liability, prize acceptance and/or tax purposes within one (1) day of notification. Noncompliance with this request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. The Sweepstakes entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Rules, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules.
17. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release the CVB, JetBlue, Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa, Sparkloft and all of the programs and sponsors associated with the Sweepstakes from any and all liability resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. The Winner, by acceptance of the Prize, agrees to release the CVB and all of its programs, officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising agencies from all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize.
18. CVB makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, except where prohibited by law, disclaims any implied warranty, and is not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use or misuse of the Prize, travel related thereto or from entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes.
19. Advertising Disclaimer. Entrants consent to release to the aforementioned companies the use of the Winner's proper name, residence (city and state), photo and/or likeness (including, without limitation aural and visual likeness) for purposes of advertising online and in print or any other media or trade in connection with the Sweepstakes without further compensation. The aforementioned companies further reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on Sweepstakes entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
20. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules, which are subject to change without notice due to unusual or extreme circumstances, and all decisions of the CVB which are final.
21. The eligibility of all potential Prize Winners is subject to verification by the CVB. No correspondence will be entered into except with the Winner.
22. The CVB is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected e-mail or mail or any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be completed as planned, it can be cancelled, terminated, modified or suspended at any time for any reason by the aforementioned sponsors.
23. This Sweepstakes will run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the CVB due to unusual or extreme circumstances. The CVB reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes or to amend these Rules at any time without notice upon said circumstances.
24. This Sweepstakes is not associated with, sponsored by, endorsed by, affiliated with, or administered by Instagram or Sparkloft. By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release Instagram and Sparkloft from any and all liability resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. The Winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release Instagram and Sparkloft and all of their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising agencies from all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize, including but not limited to, travel to and from any Prize venues. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants are disclosing information to the Sweepstakes sponsor, CVB, and not to Instagram or Sparkloft.
25. To request a written copy of these Rules by mail, please write to: Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau, 2018 JetBlue Sweepstakes, 70-100 HWY 111, Rancho Mirage, CA, 92270, ATTN: Krystal Kusmieruk
26. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of California and the United States, excluding conflicts of laws principles, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and where it qualifies as an illegal lottery.
27. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CVB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
28. Entrants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of California Courts (state or federal) in Riverside County for any causes or controversies arising out of the Sweepstakes. Winner waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts. Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action or controversies arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be initiated and conducted in the applicable court or forum in Riverside County, California. In the event any action, suit or proceeding is brought for the enforcement of, or the declaration of any right or obligation pursuant to these Rules or the Sweepstakes, the prevailing party in such suit or proceeding shall be entitled to recover its costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, from the losing party, and any judgment or decree rendered in such a proceeding shall include an award thereof.
29. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, and unless expressly provided otherwise herein, Winner shall indemnify, and hold CVB, its officers, officials, agents, employees and volunteers harmless from any against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, damage, injuries, and liability, direct or indirect (including any and all costs and expenses in connection therewith), arising out of or related to Entrant’s participation with Sweepstakes, including without limitation, any claims for damages resulting from Winner’s acceptance and use of the Prize.