If spouses (and families) are part of your meeting plans, you’re in luck: Greater Palm Springs offers a wide variety of activities to entice and entertain them. To make your planning easier, here are a few popular options that go beyond golf and time at the pool.
1. Lunch with the leopards at The Living Desert, Palm Desert's renowned zoo/botanical garden. This protected, 1,200-acre park showcases wildlife and plant species from deserts around the world.
2. Explore the San Andreas Fault, Indian Canyons or Joshua Tree National Park on a naturalist-guided Jeep tour. Desert Adventures Red Jeep Tours & Events also offers two private event venues on its 840-acre ranch.
3. Take a hands-on cooking lesson presented by Cooking with Class, a local culinary school (and more). Professional chefs will get your group cooking and dining on the results— always a foodie favorite!
4. Saddle up for a trail ride in scenic Morongo Canyon with Coyote Ridge Stable. Your group will amble along the trail, enjoy the local wildlife, and wade into cooling Coyote Creek.
5. Gallery-hop along Palm Canyon Drive, where dozens of galleries showcase art across all genres. Afterward, treat your guests to lunch and wine pairing on the patio at nearby Workshop Kitchen + Bar.
6. Soar from the valley floor to Mountain Station aboard the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway (a 10-minute, 2-1/2 mile vertical climb). At the summit, take a guided nature walk, followed by lunch at Peaks Restaurant.
7. Host a poolside spa-and-relaxation reception. Your guests will enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres as they sample shoulder massages and a menu of other pampering, mini spa treatments.
8. Immerse your guests in Palm Springs’ mid-century modern architecture. Local expert and historian Robert Imber with Palm Springs Modern Tours leads van tours of neighborhoods that give context to these classic “desert modern” structures.
9. Join Desert Tasty Tours for a three-hour culinary and cultural stroll along El Paseo, the area’s stylish dining, shopping and art district. Your group will meet local merchants and artisans as they stop and sample.
10. Shuttle your way through Palm Springs’ history with Celebrity Tours. Knowledgeable guides will delight your group with insider stories about the glam that made Palm Springs famous.