There are meetings, and then there are citywides: events spread over a convention center and several hotels that require even more planning, decisions and logistics.
But the prospect doesn’t have to be daunting if you choose Greater Palm Springs as your destination. We have the hotels and meeting space you need for groups of 2,000 (or more), the amenities your guests’ desire, and a CVB staff ready to assist you. Make the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau your first call, and we’ll be your partner in the process. In the meantime, here are some tips to jump-start your planning:
1. Clarify the details. Know your budget, your demographics, possible dates and any concessions your group may need. Be sure to communicate these early.
2. Save time (and possibly money). The CVB can distribute your RFP to a variety of properties that meet your particular criteria and either direct individual responses to you or present them to you as a group.
3. Be flexible. Citywides generally utilize the Palm Springs Convention Center and surrounding hotels, which provide 2,000 rooms within close proximity. Another option is the hotel collection in Indian Wells (1,200 guest rooms), which work together and create a campus-like setting with extensive meeting spaces.
4. Consider offbeat or unusual venues for offsites. The CVB is your resource and liaison in the community for non-traditional spaces.
5. Take advantage of the CVB’s “Oasis on Us” meeting planner FAM. The CVB will organize a personal site visit, arrange appointments, logistics, etc. Get a feel for how your event will flow, from start to finish.
6. Determine your transportation needs. The CVB can provide options for shuttles and other ground transportation, such as taxis and vans, for airport transfers, meetings and offsites.
7. Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. Once you’re ready to commit, bring your meetings history, including room block use and catering spend, to the table with you.