SPRING BREAK FOR ADULTS
Pamper, Play, Party, Please the Palate, and Park It Poolside in Greater Palm Springs
Greater Palm Springs, CA — (March 31, 2017) — Long gone are the notorious years when Spring Break brought a wild influx of college revelers to the Greater Palm Springs area. Today, the season extends across March and April when carpets of wildflowers crop up across the sand, a paradise climate abounds and an impetus to get outside and enjoy the fruits of the land is prevalent.
Visitors looking for some fun in the sun can put a decidedly adult spin on Spring Break in Greater Palm Springs with these trip ideas.
- Book a custom yoga retreat at La Quinta Resort & Spa with wellness expert Dr. Eden Goldman.
- Perform a little retail therapy with a stroll down El Paseo, the mini Beverly Hills of Southern California.
- Grab a “Too Much Tennis” customized massage, infused with arnica and herbal liniments to soothe throbbing muscles at Colony Palms Hotel.
- Enjoy meditation sessions and afternoon tea with a stay at the Moroccan-inspired Korakia Pensione.
- Schedule a Roman Ritual massage experience for couples at Two Bunch Palms.
- Hike to the Indian Canyons’ stone pools for an invigorating dunk.
- Get Wet and Wild at the waterpark where you can float on a raft in the Sunset River, body surf in the wave pool or choose from a variety of thrilling waterslides.
- Book a Big Blue Air helicopter ride and flight-see by air.
- Ride to the San Andreas Fault or Joshua Tree with a Hummer Adventure Tour.
- Play exceptional golf on two public championship courses at Tahquitz Creek Golf Course or world-class tennis at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa.
- Take a ride on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway at the crack of dawn on Easter Sunday for a sunrise service at 8,516 feet overlooking the panoramic landscape below.
- Traverse the area’s various cities by car to discover world-class art installations currently dotting the landscape for the Desert X exhibition.
- Get your heart pounding and discover the unparalleled sensation of hitting 120+ MPH in a BMW racing machine at the BMW Performance Driving School.
- Visit the recently opened Big Rock Pub offering live classic rock alongside cuisine named for popular songs like “Hotel Calamari.”
- See the valley’s most beloved drag queen Bella Da Ball at the Copa Nightclub.
- Partake in an old-fashioned supper show at the Purple Room where entertainment runs from catty to cabaret in a throwback to the Rat Pack era.
- Dance the night away at Cascade Lounge.
- Grab some pints at the new contemporary Pub Fox and Fiddle, the casually cool Draughtsman, or the tiny, retro Bootlegger Tiki.
PLEASE THE PALATE:
- Tapas and pizzas on the Birba patio rock, especially when you’re sipping their version of an indigenous margarita called the Heated Snake (it bites with a dash of habanero).
- The always-elegant Spencer’s Restaurant at the Mountain features courtyard dining surrounded by live piano music with a four-star American cuisine accentuated by a Pacific Rim influence including fan favorite coconut-crusted shrimp.
- The award-winning Copley’s is housed in the former Cary Grant Estate and behind the exclusive gate, you can dine outdoors in the front yard on crunchy ahi tacos or savory Maine lobster.
- At Mélange Restaurant at Chateau Lake La Quinta, you can experience California family, farm-sourced dishes like Tasmanian Ocean Trout with a strawberry balsamic martini while sitting on the lakeside patio with picturesque and peaceful water views.
- For a dose of romance with your dinner, opt for Lavender Bistro’s California cuisine on an outdoor patio, which beckons you through French doors into a fairy tale setting of hundreds of sparkling lights, fresh flowers and live music
- If your stay includes Easter morning, an exquisitely fancy brunch takes place at the luxurious Ritz-Carlton high up on a bluff overlooking Rancho Mirage and the surrounding Coachella Valley.
PARK IT POOLSIDE:
- Cultivate serenity at Adults-only Piedmont pool at the sophisticated Miramonte Resort.
- Take part in Dive In Thursdays or Sunday afternoons with music at Arrive, the modernist boutique hotel with hardcore desert chic.
- At the Ace Hotel swim-club NTS Radio will play Easter Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. as part of Desert Gold Weekend 2017.
- Lounge around the Sparrow’s Lodge pool at the extremely intimate, restored 1950s retreat with a modern, rustic vibe.
- Get social, meet and mingle at the fun, funky, diverse and always busy pool at the rainbow-colored Saguaro Hotel.
- The Parker Palm Springs with its artsy interpretation of Hollywood Regency and air of exclusivity features the Gene Autry adults-only pool located lawns away from the younger Silicon Valley pool.
For images, visit Barberstock.com/GreaterPalmSprings and search “Spring Break”
About Greater Palm Springs, California
Greater Palm Springs is Southern California’s premier resort, special event and golf destination. Discover a place of many experiences and surprises in nine distinctive cities: Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio and Coachella. As a respite for mind, body and spirit, Greater Palm Springs is ready to provide you with an unparalleled sense of escape, adventure, recreation, relaxation and your own unique way to play--anytime of the year. For more information on Greater Palm Springs, visit www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com.
Nicky Faeth, Communications Manager