Visit Greater Palm Springs'
“Meet the Mentors” Program!
Visit Greater Palm Springs recently invited aspiring travel writers to jump-start their careers with a special program that provided incredible travel experiences, mentorship from real-world travel journalists, and the opportunity to get their very own published piece on the Visit Greater Palm Springs blog!
Read Blogs from our Mentees
Visit Greater Palm Springs Invites You to Kickstart Your Journalism Career with the “Meet the Mentors” Program!
This June, Visit Greater Palm Springs invites aspiring travel writers to jump start their careers with a special program that will provide incredible travel experiences, mentorship from real world travel journalists, and the opportunity to get your very own published piece on the Visit Greater Palm Springs blog!
Now through April 2, aspiring writers are invited to submit for a chance to participate in the second annual “Meet the Mentors” program, which will take place in Greater Palm Springs this June.
WHAT IS THE “MEET THE MENTORS” PROGRAM?
Following submission of the program applications, a panel of judges from Visit Greater Palm Springs selects a handful of “junior journalists” to partake in this special mentorship program.
Each selected participant will be matched up with an experienced travel journalist for an unforgettable trip to Greater Palm Springs to learn the ins and outs of travel journalism — from how to ask journalistic questions to tips on how to pitch an editor — while exploring the nine beautiful desert cities that make up the destination.
Each duo will be given a personalized itinerary for their trip that focuses on different topics in Greater Palm Springs, ranging from key experiences like wellness, outdoor adventure, and sustainability to diversity and inclusion across the region. All travel expenses will be covered for the selected participants, including flights, accommodations, and experiences.
Following the trip, the participants will have the opportunity to write an article on their experience that will be published on the Visit Greater Palm Springs website!
Requirements for Submission:
- Must submit your application by midnight (PST) on April 2. Finalists will be notified for a brief Zoom interview and selected participants will be chosen following the interview.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be available to travel to Greater Palm Springs during the dates of June 6-9.
- Must submit a writing sample with the application (Please note, this program is geared for brand new and aspiring journalists, so applicants should not already have a professional career in travel journalism/published pieces in mainstream travel publications).
- Must have a strong interest in journalism and have a passion for travel!
- We look for applicants of all backgrounds and abilities!