GREATER PALM SPRINGS TOURISM FOUNDATION
Set in the heart of Southern California, the destination of Greater Palm Springs is known for its year-round sunny climate, dramatic landscape, outstanding amenities and timeless tradition of hospitality. To carry this legacy of service forward and invest in our industry’s future, the Greater Palm Springs Tourism Foundation was established in 2018 with a dynamic mission to enrich and elevate tourism in the region.
The Foundation supports and initiates diverse programming related to the hospitality, convention and tourism industries with funds raised from individuals, businesses, organizations and other foundations. Initiatives encompass providing education and leadership training, college scholarships and volunteer and mentor development.
Goals & Vision
The tourism and hospitality industry serves as the primary economic driver of the Greater Palm Springs community, employing one out of every four residents. A primary goal of the Tourism Foundation is to:
- Provide scholarship opportunities to local students
- Develop funding sources to support Foundation programs and services
- Foster passion for and excellence of service at every level
Foundation stewardship, coupled with the crucial support of Visit Greater Palm Springs (Visit GPS) partners and the community at large, helps drive a robust year-round tourism economy with a thriving workforce and unequaled customer service that advances quality of life in the destination for residents and visitors alike. In 2021, more than 37,000 jobs were sustained by 12.8 million visitors who spent $5.6 billion in Greater Palm Springs.
The Greater Palm Springs Tourism Foundation Board of Directors provides key oversight, fiduciary and policy direction for the Foundation. Members bring significant executive-level expertise in tourism, hospitality and business. Visit Greater Palm Springs President and CEO Scott White serves in an advisory role for the Foundation.
Tourism Foundation Board Members
- Aftab Dada, Tourism Foundation Co-Chair and Managing Director, Hilton Palm Springs
- Tim Ellis, Tourism Foundation Co-Chair and Managing Partner, Ellis Hospitality Services
- Tiffany Lam, Tourism Foundation Board Member and Vice President of Operations, Kam Sang Company
- Robert Schneider, Tourism Foundation Board Member
- John Shay, Tourism Foundation Board Member and Chief Operating Officer, Lulu California Bistro
- Nusrat Mirza, Tourism Foundation Board Member and General Manager, JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
How We Are Funded
Founded in 2018, the Greater Palm Springs Tourism Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to advancing education, employment and professional growth in the local tourism and hospitality community. Help us achieve these goals by showing that travel really matters to Greater Palm Springs and by making a tax-deductible contribution. The Foundation accepts donations from individuals, businesses, organizations and other foundations.
To make an online donation to the Tourism Foundation, click here.
Contributions are also accepted by mail:
Greater Palm Springs Tourism Foundation
c/o Visit Greater Palm Springs
70100 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Attn: Davis Meyer, Senior Director of Community Engagement
For more information, contact Davis Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org, 760-969-1360.