Transportation Security Administration (TSA) throughput in the United States for August 2022 finished at 91% of 2019 levels and 2 points above July 2022.
PSP’s trend of outperforming the national average continued into August. PSP’s TSA throughput for August finished at 135% of 2019 levels, or 44 points above the national average.
In terms of enplanements, 2022 is shaping up to be a record year at PSP, outpacing PSP’s previous record year in 2019. Currently, year-ending August 2022 there were 1.42 million one-way passengers that flew from PSP, up 11% from year-ending December 2019.
PSP also continues its trend of outperforming the national average on seat capacity. This upcoming fall, September to December, PSP is up 47% in seat capacity compared the same months in 2019, 51 points ahead of the national average and 57 points ahead of California’s average.
Since the last board meeting, American Airlines added new seasonal service from Austin, which will operate daily November 17 – 29 and December 15, 2022 – January 9, 2023. In addition, Avelo announced it will be launching service to PSP this winter, with seasonal service from three destinations. Redmond, Oregon (RDM) and Santa Rosa, California (STS) will start on November 11 at twice weekly. Eugene, Oregon (EUG) will start on November 12 at twice weekly.
Below are the routes that will be resuming earlier this season than in years’ past:
- Air Canada will resume Toronto (YYZ) service on October 1 (historically resumed in late December),
- Air Canada will also resume Vancouver (YVR) service on October 2 (historically resumed in late October)
- Alaska resumed service to Portland (PDX) on September 11, which is back to the same period when it resumed in 2019
- Alaska will also resume Boise (BOI) on November 20 (historically resumed in mid-December)
- American resumed Chicago (ORD) service on September 7 (historically resumed in October)
- Delta will resume Minneapolis (MSP) service on October 16 (historically resumed in mid-December).
- JetBlue will be operating New York City (JFK) service at 1x daily in November and December which is the first time they had these services levels during these two months (usually 4-5x per week).
- United will resume Chicago (ORD) service on September 30 (historically resumed in late October)
You can find information about PSP marketing, airlines, route information. and other air service updates on our Partner Air Service page. The page is updated weekly.
Below is the latest data for PSP. Click HERE or the image below to view the multiple-page PDF report.