DESTINATION MANAGEMENT COMPANIES
Why work with a Destination Management Company?
As meeting planners know, handling every detail of a project – especially large ones, or when there’s not enough staff available -- can be challenging. A Destination Management Company (DMC), comprised of a stable of locally based destination-specific logistic and event experts, is available to help.
While you concentrate on the organization-related details that only you can handle, a DMC will focus on all the rest, including the following:
- Site selection Creative proposals for special events within the meeting
- Custom tours
- VIP amenities and transportation
- Transportation and shuttle services
- Staffing within the convention center
- Outdoor activities, such as team building and picnics
- Entertainment, from nationally well-known to locals, plus sound and light professionals
- Decor and theme development
- Ancillary meetings management professionals
- Registration services, advance and on-site
Think of DMCs as architects and general contractors for meeting professionals. They outline ideas via proposals and then mobilize to bring the chosen components to life. It’s like having an extension of your staff, and the time and effort saved can make using a DMC an extremely cost-effective option.
The DMCs below offer local experience and partnerships to help you create an event all will remember.
Still need assistance? Contact a Destination Services Manager to help narrow your search.