Win Big Giveaway Sweepstakes
Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT
INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
PARTICIPATION IS LIMITED TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES & THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: Win Big Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 21 years of age or older and legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Greater Palm Springs (the “Sponsor”), its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc., and each of their respective directors, officers, and employees and assigns (collectively “Released Parties”), their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are not eligible. For purposes of this Promotion, the term “family member” is defined as spouse, partner, parent, legal guardian, in-law, grandparent, child, or grandchild. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Promotion begins on June 24, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT"), ends on July 3, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"), and consists of one prize drawings. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
To enter, during the Promotion Period entrant must complete the following actions:
- Follow @VisitGreaterPS and @RitzCarltonRanchoMirage on Instagram
- Tag a friend you want to bring with you
- For a bonus entry: share post on your story
All two (2) actions must be completed to earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
All content submitted with your post will be considered part of the entry submission and must comply with the Conditions of Entry below.
Participants must comply with these Official Rules, the Conditions of Entry and the instructions set forth on the promotional post (which are incorporated herein by reference). Determination of compliance will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor/Administrator.
Conditions of Entry:
- Entry should not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Entry must not in any way disparage Sponsor or any persons or entities; must not contain offensive words, statements or content (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group); must not in any other way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations; must not contain illegal content; and must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
- Entry must not contain content that depicts/promotes any dangerous or unlawful behavior or activity that may result in injury to oneself or others.
- Entry must not communicate messages inconsistent with the messages, policies, and/or goodwill with which the Sponsor wishes to associate, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Limit: Entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, social media accounts and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used for entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Instagram account. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the applicable Instagram account by the social media platform. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of delivery.
Participation via a social media platform may require a mobile device and therefore, you may be charged for standard data rates according to the terms and conditions in your agreement with your wireless carrier. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
- Drawings: One (1) winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received by a random drawing to be conducted on or about July 4, 2021. The random drawings will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final. The odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. Limit one prize per person/household in this Promotion.
- Winner Notification: Potential winner will be contacted via direct message (“DM”) from @visitgreaterPS on the applicable method of entry with instructions on how to claim the prize, and will be required to respond to such DM and provide his/her name, handle, age and any additional information requested within 24 hours from the time the DM was sent. The potential winner will then be contacted by the Administrator via email and may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Travel Release form (winner and guest), and where lawful, a Publicity Release or any other document needed to validate eligibility (“Documents”) within three (3) days (including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) of attempted delivery of same. In the event a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the DM within the allotted time or fails to timely return completed Documents, or if a prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified without further notice and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable email or undeliverable DMs resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by an email client or for insufficient space in user’s account to receive DMs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures and applicable deadlines for responding in connection with the selection of any alternate. Upon prize forfeiture or inability to use a prize or portion thereof, no compensation will be given, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to that participant.
- Prize: A five (5) day/four (4) night trip for two to a resort in Greater Palm Springs (California). Inclusive of coach roundtrip airfare from one of the destinations indicated below* and $1,000 resort credit (resort terms and conditions apply).
Estimated retail value: $4,600 usd.
*Air travel must commence at and return to an airport in one of the following cities: Denver, Oakland, Dallas, Kansas City, St. Louis, Chicago or Las Vegas.
Resort black-out dates: September 3 – 5, 2021, November 25 – 26, 2021, December 6 – 8, 2021, December 24 – 31, 2021.
The prize will include five (5) day/four (4) night trip for two (2) (winner and one (1) guest) to a Greater Palm Springs (California) resort (one-room double occupancy), roundtrip coach airfare from one of the following destinations listed above and $1,000 resort credit (resort terms and conditions apply). Travel arrangements/booking must be made 30 days prior to eligible travel dates. All details of the prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Certain blackout dates and restrictions may apply. Trip components are subject to change without notice. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor’s approval apply. A deposit or payment in advance, or presentation of a credit card by the Grand Prize Winner may be required at the time of check-in at the resort. Any resort cancellations or changes to reservations after confirmation must be made with the resort directly, and the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the resort. All expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any Grand Prize package, and are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: ground transportation, travel insurance, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, internet access fees, tips, gratuities, taxes, and service charges as well as all other personal expenses. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for use of his/her prize and the prize of his/her guest. Sponsors reserve the right to remove or to deny entry of any Grand Prize winner and/or Grand Prize Winner's guest who engages in a disorderly or disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion), or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person while on trip. Further, if any such actions occur, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the trip early for the Grand Prize winner and/or guest and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her guest home with no further compensation. The Grand Prize will be forfeited if: (1) Grand Prize Winner is not available to complete travel by December 31, 2021 (2) Proper travel documents (e.g. photo id, passport, etc.) are not obtained by a Grand Prize Winner by the date specified by Sponsor. Guest traveling with the Grand Prize Winner must be, at time of Grand Prize fulfillment, the age of majority in his/her state of residence (and must sign and return a travel release prior to travel) unless the guest is the child of the Grand Prize Winner, in which case the parent or legal guardian of such minor guest must sign and return a release on the guest’s behalf. Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Winner’s guest are solely responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they wish to obtain at their own expense and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. If the Grand Prize Winner lives within 100 miles of Palm Springs, California, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided. Grand Prize Winner is bound by the terms and conditions of all airlines, hotels and other third-party service providers used in connection with the Grand Prize. Sponsor is not responsible if tickets, etc. are lost, stolen, or misplaced or if any booked transportation is missed for any reason by the Grand Prize Winner or his/her guest and none will be replaced. All other expenses not stated herein as part of the Grand Prize are the Grand Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. Exact dates and locations are subject to change and are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The Grand Prize Winner and his or her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents (e.g., valid photo identification, valid passport, etc.). Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. The Grand Prize Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier or resort or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight, accommodations or travel arrangements except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event that any part of the trip is unable to take place as planned for reasons including, but not limited to, scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponements, delays, an event of force majeure (any acts of God, natural catastrophes, public enemies, war, acts of terrorism, civil commotion, spreading disease, pandemic, shutdowns, quarantines, curfews, riot, strikes or labor difficulties, lockout, judicial or government order, or other requirement of law, or national emergencies or any other cause beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control), or for any other reason whatsoever, then the remaining components of the Prize constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Grand Prize Winner, and no other additional compensation will be awarded. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of Prize. Winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. Sponsor will not enter into any correspondence, including, email, with non-winning entrants. Prizes are non-assignable, non-substitutable and non-transferable without the prior written consent of the Sponsor, which consent may be withheld for any reason and in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. The Official Rules prevail should there be any conflict or uncertainty relating to the Sweepstakes based on information or advice provided by any of the Released Entities.
7. Release: Entrants/Grand Prize Winner agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties and Instagram from and against any claim or cause of action or liability (including but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy) arising out of participation in the Promotion or acceptance/receipt/use or misuse of any prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, the Administrator and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name, likeness, photograph and/or hometown and state/province for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, in any media, worldwide, unless prohibited by law.
8. General: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or mutilated mail, misdirected email, or for any technical problems, faulty, lost, garbled, incomplete, incorrect or mistranscribed data transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, malfunctions, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with this Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions or breakdown of any network systems, unavailable service connections, lost, incomplete, faulty network connectivity of any kind, failures of any service providers, or any combination thereof, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason including, but not limited to, if fraud, human error, technical failures, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion; or if a virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is so cancelled or modified, Sponsor may award prizes from among all eligible participants prior to such action and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to any participant in connection with this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the participant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor will not be responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes.
9. Disputes: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS FOR ANY REASON AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to the lower of either reasonable or actual out of pocket costs incurred, including any costs associated with participation in this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will Entrants/winners be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for the lower of either reasonable or actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. By entering and participating in the Promotion, Entrants hereby expressly agree and accept that for all that is related to the interpretation, performance and enforcement of these Official Rules, each of them expressly submit themselves to the laws of the United States of America and the State of California, expressly waiving to any other jurisdiction that could correspond to them by virtue of their present or future domicile or by virtue of any other cause.
11. Winner List: Winner’s name will be posted on Instagram @visitgreaterPS after the Grand Prize Winner has been verified.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrant understands that he/she is supplying his/her information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram.
SPONSOR: Greater Palm Springs, Convention & Visitors Bureau, 70100 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA, 92270; ADMINISTRATOR: Marden Kane Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791.
©2021 Marden-Kane, Inc. All rights reserved. These Official Rules may not be copied, edited or used for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise without the express written consent of Marden-Kane, Inc.