The Greater Palm Springs CVB works with thousands of meeting planners each year who are drawn to all the possibilities within our desert oasis.
Here are a few of the questions that we most frequently answer.
Q. Why consider Greater Palm Springs for our meeting/conference?
• Climate & Weather – Planners can count on reliable weather thanks to our average of 350 sunny days each year.
• Competitive Pricing – Our CVB collaborates with industry partners to provide special discounts, value-added incentives and packages for accommodations, tours, dining and transportation.
• Accessibility – Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) is serviced by 10 airlines connecting to 500 cities across the globe. We’re also within a two-hour drive from Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego.
Q. What services does the CVB’s meeting team provide planners?
• Site visits from A to Z, including all appointments, logistics and/or personalized tours.
• A proposal to your board or decision maker detailing our competitive pricing and special incentives to fit your budget and requirements.
• Attendance building and promotional tools
• On hand assistance to provide further extensive convention services.
• Local support to help distinguish your groups' visit through added value services and amenities.
Q. How big is the Greater Palm Springs area?
A. The Coachella Valley is so compact that you can travel from northwestern Desert Hot Springs to easternmost Coachella in less than 45 minutes. That means you have access to ample options regardless of where you stay within our nine cities.
Q. What’s new with the destination that appeals to groups?
A. Quite a lot! Planners have access to more than $2 billion in new and revitalized hospitality amenities. And there are more projects in the works, including Downtown Palm Springs’ massive revitalization that’s transforming the former Desert Fashion Plaza into an open-air shopping center and 190-room Kimpton Hotel.
Q. Are certain seasons more affordable than others?
A. While our rates are always competitive, summer rates become even friendlier to help planners maximize program budget and ROI.
Q. What festivals and events can groups tie into?
A. Among the biggies for art are the La Quinta Arts Festival, Indian Wells Arts Festival and Southwest Arts Festival. The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival and Stagecoach Country Music Festival also draw huge crowds. And we have seven cinema festivals, with the Palm Springs International Film Festival as the most star-studded. There are dozens of lower-key events throughout the year. See our Calendar of Events for more details.
Q. Is it easy to purchase group tickets for the CareerBuilder Challenge, LPGA ANA Inspiration and BNP Paribas Open?
A. It is, and there are a number of unique opportunities to take part in.
Q. Not all of my attendees are into recreation. Are there options to keep them busy?
A. Absolutely! You have access to everything from spas, museums and botanical gardens to tours that visit celebrity homes, mid-century architecture sites and our iconic windmills.